2nd INTRA-SCHOOL MODEL UNITED NATIONS 2018
Intra-school Model United Nations was organized on January 24, 2018 with the participation of 57 students from classes VI to IX and XI. The participants were divided into two committees: i.e UNHRC, AIPPM. The young delegates adapted to their roles very well and had come prepared with the agendas given to them.
The session was held at the Senior Computer Lab after a small inaugural welcome by Ms Bhawna Khanna, Headmistress, Senior School and Ms Madhu Saxena, Academic Coordinator. The proceedings were held smoothly as per event’s itinerary. All the students made most of the event by their active participation and keenly absorbed all the knowledge sharing lectures by the prominent faculties. From the above mentioned two committees, the following students were awarded:
Best Delegate - Arun Jaitely (Atulya Ranjan)
First High Commendation - Prakash Javadekar (Rudra Pratap Singh)
Second High Commendation - Dr. Harshvardhan (Aadit Malhotra)
Special Mention - M. Venkaiah Naidu (Deepanshi Kamboj)
Special Mention - Shashi Tharoor (Vinamra Mehrotra)
Special Mention - P. Chidambaram (Varun Shukla)
Best Delegate - United States of America (Mansi Dobhal)
First High Commendation - Republic of South Africa (Shreyan Teotia)
Second High Commendation - Russian Federation (Alizba Khan)
Special Mention - Saudi Arabia (Himanshu Sachdeva)
Special Mention - Pakistan (Prachi Singla)
List of the participants is as follows:
- The Secretary General- Kabeer Guliani
Executive board members:
- Kanishk Tyagi and Yash Kapoor as Chairperson and Vice Chairperson ,
- Pratham Agarwal, Prithvi Chandiok, Pinaki Siwach, and Mudit Gupta, for their sheer display of confidence as rapporteur.
- Aditya Sareen, and Yash Agrawal.
Organzing Committee members:
- Yagya Singh, Aarushi Goel, Alizba Khan, Anshika Khandelwal, Kanishk Tyagi, Yash Kapoor, Moksh Guliani, SanavyaaMakkar, Nehal Singh, Aashriya Bhatia, Diya Sharma, and Kabeer Gulani for working together to make this MUN so wonderful.
- Social Science teachers as Mentors
- The Director General- Nikhil Vinod, for being the favourite part of this conference, working side by side with the executive board members.
Each delegate showed promise, and although there is always room for improvement, we are proud of the talent exhibited by our students as they engaged in discussions which were very fruitful. The students cross questioned with supreme confidence which reflected their inherent capability to lead and express. Heartiest congratulations to the achievers.